We’re at the halfway mark, folks! His head is sewn together, as well as his body.
Here’s a quick, grainy pic in my mirror–I’m holding the pieces together pretty much the way I will sew them together.
Click the link to see how we got to where we are now:
Here’s his body, completely sewn together.
Unzip the back, and there’s the bee costume inside, providing a perfect place to keep candy.
I put in the mouth interior and pinned it to the face fabric.
After sewing up the face, I installed the “throat chute”.
It’s sad that his head is shaped a bit like a toilet,LOL….but anyway, there is a hole cut into the carboard of his mouth interior, and covering that is a large slit in the black felt that lines his mouth. Beneath the slit is the throat chute, which is made of the same black felt.
Once I get the head sewn to the body, then I’ll make the limbs and maybe even a little tail. Woot!