Vapor, completed!


I decided to go ahead and finish Vapor, and I am very pleased with the result. My sewing was kind of erratic,but since he was completely experimental, I don’t feel too bad about it.He’s mine, so no big deal. But it looks like I’ve already got a ghost puppet commission in the works, and that one will of course be much tidier and neater. This is the first time I’ve made a puppet that replies on drapery to make it’s “body”, and it worked out well. He has two layers of blue sheer fabric that I got out of the formalwear section at JoAnn Fabrics, and it matches the color of the fleece used for his face and hands PERFECTLY. Between the layers of sheer is a layer of cheesecloth, which may or may not be necessary–I put it in to give a tad of body and texture, but I’m not sure it was needed.


My favorite thing, though, is his gnarled little hands–in sewing his impossibly skinny fingers with just a whipstitch, I accidentally made them twist and turn, which is one of those happy accidents again.:) Photos don’t really do this fellow justice; I need to make video of him so you can see how nicely the drapery flows.


This is an all-ages site;don't bother with obscene comments because it goes straight to spam.

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s